[Rabbit-dev] Rabbit-dev Digest, Vol 1, Issue 3

Robert Olofsson robert.olofsson at khelekore.org
Sat Oct 24 14:40:59 CEST 2009

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 16:17:45 +0500
Артур Хуснутдинов <forpdfsending at gmail.com> wrote:

> And, if I create a separate project for the compression of images
> specifically for RabbIT, is it possible to placing links to the official
> page of your project to a page of my project, so that users can safely use
> my project and did not look for it separately on the Internet?

If you do create a separate process it would be nice if it that process
could read image compression parameters over either a socket or stdin.
That way rabbit could easily talk to the process and even start it
when needed.

The java code would be something like:
1) grab a converter from the pool
2) send line to run conversion
3) wait for completion by reading a line of the process output
4) return converter to pool

Did you have any time to test graphicsmagick? you can install it and
change the configuration easily, I have been using it for some days
and see no big changes, but I can not really measure cpu load since
my cpus are fast enough for the users I have.

I am currently running it like this:

[rabbit.handler.ImageHandler*png]
convert=/usr/bin/gm
convertargs=convert -quality 10 -flatten $filename +profile "*" jpeg:$filename.c
min_size=2000

/robo