[Rabbit-dev] 4.3-pre2 released

Robert Olofsson robert.olofsson at khelekore.org
Sat Oct 31 16:35:59 CET 2009

Hello!

I have just released 4.3-pre2, it is available at:
http://www.khelekore.org/rabbit/

Or direct access to the downloads:
http://www.khelekore.org/rabbit/rabbit4.3-pre-2-bin.tar.gz
http://www.khelekore.org/rabbit/rabbit4.3-pre-2-src.tar.gz

No big changes, but the image handler have been refactored
so that it is easier to add alternative image handlers. An
image handler that uses the java ImageIO and ImageWriter is
also available, but not enabled by default.

If you want to try it out change rabbit.conf so that you have:

[Handlers]
image/gif(;(charset\=.*)?)?=rabbit.handler.JavaImageHandler*gif
image/p?jpeg(;(charset\=.*)?)?=rabbit.handler.JavaImageHandler*jpeg
image/png(;(charset\=.*)?)?=rabbit.handler.JavaImageHandler*png

[rabbit.handler.JavaImageHandler*gif]
quality=.1
[rabbit.handler.JavaImageHandler*jpeg]
quality=.1
[rabbit.handler.JavaImageHandler*png]
quality=.1

The java based image handler have very little protection
right now, so do not use it in production, I plan on adding
some memory usage calculator so that it is possible to stop
rabbit from filtering too many images at once and also to stop
rabbit from trying to use a few GB of memory when a user requests
some image that is 100k x 100k pixels (png images can be a few
kB and still be that large in pixels).

Please try the java based image handler and tell me how it feels.
I have only tested it for a very short time myself.

/robo