[Rabbit-dev] Rabbit4.7 and HttpBaseFilter

Robert Olofsson robert.olofsson at khelekore.org
Mon Aug 16 20:41:22 CEST 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:05:28 -0400
"Allen, M. David" <dmallen at mitre.org> wrote:

> I noticed that the default config for HttpBaseFilter includes:
> remove=Connection,Proxy-Connection,Keep-Alive,Public,Transfer-Encoding,Upgrade,Proxy-Authorization,TE,Proxy-Authenticate,Trailer
>
> Looking in the code, it looks like Rabbit is actually stripping these headers out of the request and the response.  The javadocs for the class just say that this is to filter the headers to "make them nice".
>
> What does that mean?  Are there problems created by leaving these headers, or is it just to cut down on the volume of headers (say for debugging purposes)?  What functionality might be lost by stripping these out?

Those headers are hop-headers and only make sense for one http-transport
level.See rfc2616 §13.5.1 for more information, but please note that the
errata has fixed some typos so depending on what rfc you read it may or
may not show you the list rabbit has (which as far as I know follows the
latest errata, but it was some time since I checked last).

/robo