[Rabbit-dev] incorrect http protocol

Robert Olofsson robert.olofsson at khelekore.org
Thu Aug 19 00:12:29 CEST 2010

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 16:38:41 -0400
Rick Leir <rickleir at leirtech.com> wrote:

>   What is the policy on sites that serve http incorrectly? My preference
> would be to accommodate them, and attempt to make it transparent.

That should be the default option, yes.
If rabbit can not figure out the protocol it basically ought to go into
tunneling mode.

> I have a default conf file, with:
> StrictHTTP=false
>
> For example, this page renders incorrectly:
> www.microsoft.com/library/errorpages/searchMetric.html?form=MSERRO&q=express
> s css images ui bg glass 65 ffffff 1x400 png

Not sure I understand how that is supposed to look, I only see gray in
firefox (both with and without rabbit). Can you get some screenshot?

> Corresponding log:
> 18-Aug-2010 4:33:22 PM rabbit.httpio.HttpHeaderParser verifyResponse
> WARNING: http response header with odd start:???
> (those last chars are ^H^A)

I do not see that in my logs. But I am not sure if that is a problem with
a specific resource, that looks more like response resource parsing has
been messed up or that some buffer has gotten bad data in it (like the
request buffer overwrites that could happen up till recently).

It would of course be good to get network traces from bad request/responses.

/robo