[Rabbit-dev] anyone get rabbit working with hotmail.com

Luis Soltero lsoltero at globalmarinenet.com
Fri Dec 24 22:46:35 CET 2010

Hi have had a few users complain that they are unable to get to hotmail.com.  So i created a test account (my very first
hotmail.com account) and sure enough I can login and get to the inbox but whenever I try to view mail I get all kinds of
timeouts and never succeed.   Looking a the proxy logs I see a lot of timeouts...

WARNING: Failed to set up web connection to:
http://by2msg4020211.by2.gateway.edge.messenger.live.com/gateway/gateway.dll?Action=poll&Lifespan=60&SessionID=1917243606.1899542255,
cause: java.io.IOException: timeout
Dec 24, 2010 4:44:06 PM rabbit.proxy.Connection webConnectionSetupFailed
WARNING: Failed to set up web connection to:
http://by2msg4020211.by2.gateway.edge.messenger.live.com/gateway/gateway.dll?Action=poll&Lifespan=60&SessionID=1917243606.529013426,
cause: java.io.IOException: timeout
Dec 24, 2010 4:44:25 PM rabbit.proxy.Connection webConnectionSetupFailed
WARNING: Failed to set up web connection to:
http://by2msg4020211.by2.gateway.edge.messenger.live.com/gateway/gateway.dll?Action=poll&Lifespan=60&SessionID=1917243606.1212503351,
cause: java.io.IOException: timeout
Dec 24, 2010 4:44:47 PM rabbit.proxy.Connection webConnectionSetupFailed
WARNING: Failed to set up web connection to:
http://by2msg4020211.by2.gateway.edge.messenger.live.com/gateway/gateway.dll?Action=poll&Lifespan=60&SessionID=1917243606.1017583633,
cause: java.io.IOException: timeout
Dec 24, 2010 4:45:05 PM rabbit.proxy.Connection webConnectionSetupFailed
WARNING: Failed to set up web connection to:
http://by2msg4020211.by2.gateway.edge.messenger.live.com/gateway/gateway.dll?Action=poll&Lifespan=60&SessionID=1917243606.1924057722,
cause: java.io.IOException: timeout

If I only proxy http and allow direct connection to https then I can't even login.  If i disable the proxy altogether
then hotmail works fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

--luis

--