[Rabbit-dev] ad blocking

Robert Olofsson robert.olofsson at khelekore.org
Mon Dec 27 23:01:18 CET 2010

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 16:41:12 -0500
Luis Soltero <lsoltero at globalmarinenet.com> wrote:

> I think I have discovered the problem. The problem is that the Mysql connector does not support many of the methods you
> have listed in the db resource sections. For example, if i define setUser then I get an exception in the error logs
> stating that mysql... has no method setUser. The same is true for setServerName, setDatabaseName, setPassword,
> setDataSource, url, etc..

Ok, they are not needed, they are a way to configure the DataSource.
I do not use mysql, but a quick google seems to give this page:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/connector-j-reference-configuration-properties.html
and it seems to say that for mysql DataSource you probably want:
com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource

You can probably also use the com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource
but that is not a pooled DataSource so you probably do not want it.

There seems to be a lot of properties that you can set on that one
(if I understand that page correctly)

/robo