[Rabbit-dev] Setup as a ReverseProxy

Jeff Adamson jwa at urbancode.com
Tue Feb 9 00:17:16 CET 2010

I am trying to use rabbit as a reverse proxy.

So far I have altered the sample conf/nocache.conf by updating
"httpinfilters=rabbit.filter.HttpBaseFilter,rabbit.filter.ReverseProxy"
and added section
  [rabbit.filter.ReverseProxy]
  # Change requests starting with / to http://www.google.com/
  transformMatch=^/(.*)
  transformTo=http://www.google.com/$1
  # Deny proxy requests, you probably want this.
  deny=^http(s?)://.*
  # If we want to allow admin access.
  allowMeta=false

At this point I had expected that executing `java -jar jars/rabbit3.jar -f
conf/nocache.conf` would allow me to navigate to http://localhost:9667 in a
web browser (without any proxy settings in browser) and see google.com
What am I doing wrong, is there a different port or some alternate means for
engaging the reverseproxy aspect of RabbIT?

Thanks for any help or pointers you can provide.