[Rabbit-dev] Windows specific renameTo issue ...

Robert Olofsson robert.olofsson at khelekore.org
Thu Jul 8 23:37:23 CEST 2010

Hi!

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 14:01:54 -0700 (PDT)
Madhu Venugopal <madhusudhanan at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I tried the rabbit web proxy on a windows machine - with the image conversion
> feature.
> the "renameTo" call fails & so does the call to delete the file.

Odd, do you have any stack traces or error logs?
Can you turn up logging for ImageHandler to FINER? that will give some more
information in the log.

> This seems to be specific to Microsoft Windows... This works fine in a mac or
> Linux.

renameTo on linux/unix allows one to overwrite files (and does a silent
delete of the file being overwritten). On windows you are not allowed to
overwrite an existing file.
In rabbit there is code to check for file existence and remove it before
any renameTo.

Checking the code I can see that ImageHandler and it looks very much like
it is doing it correctly.

What version of rabbit are you trying to use?
What jvm?
What does the error log tell you?

/robo