[Rabbit-dev] Corrupted URLs in v 4.11

Luis Soltero lsoltero at globalmarinenet.com
Sat Aug 20 22:14:50 CEST 2011

Hi Robo,

I think it mostly happens with websites that have really long urls.

I use www.cnn.com a lot for testing rabbit and these errors are generated very frequently using that site.  You might
try that site.  For example, i was able to generate the error just now with 3 clicks...

the web pages look ok but I think this is because there are so many urls on them that the broken ones are hard to spot.
I did have a situation where a page did not display at all when the page url gave an exception. Refreshing the page
fixed the problem.

Another website that causes issue is hotmail.com.  If you start clicking on emails in the inbox about every 3 or 4
clicks the mesg will not display when the exception occurs. Clicking on the same mesg a second time causes it to display.

So the error occurs frequently but is not 100% reproducible. A url that causes the error at one time will not on
subsequent execution.

here is the error generated at the www.cnn.com site.

Aug 20, 2011 3:07:44 PM rabbit.proxy.Connection handleFailedRequestRead
INFO: Exception when reading request
rabbit.httpio.BadHttpHeaderException: Malformed
header:-adbp-domestic%3D%2526pid%253Dcnn%25253Asf%25253Anewspulse%25253A%25252F%2526pidt%253D1%2526oid%253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.cnn.com%25252FUS%25252F%2526ot%253DA;
s_ppv=54
    at rabbit.httpio.HttpHeaderParser.readHeader(HttpHeaderParser.java:176)
    at rabbit.httpio.HttpHeaderParser.lineRead(HttpHeaderParser.java:143)
    at rabbit.httpio.LineReader.readLine(LineReader.java:43)
    at rabbit.httpio.HttpHeaderParser.handleBuffer(HttpHeaderParser.java:60)
    at rabbit.httpio.HttpHeaderReader.parseBuffer(HttpHeaderReader.java:124)
    at rabbit.httpio.HttpHeaderReader.read(HttpHeaderReader.java:112)
    at org.khelekore.rnio.impl.ChannelOpsHandler.handleRead(ChannelOpsHandler.java:105)
    at org.khelekore.rnio.impl.ChannelOpsHandler.handle(ChannelOpsHandler.java:160)
    at org.khelekore.rnio.impl.SingleSelectorRunner.handleSelects(SingleSelectorRunner.java:350)
    at org.khelekore.rnio.impl.SingleSelectorRunner.run(SingleSelectorRunner.java:204)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Aug 20, 2011 3:07:46 PM rabbit.proxy.Connection handleFailedRequestRead
header:%2526pidt%253D1%2526oid%253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.cnn.com%25252FUS%25252F%2526ot%253DA; s_ppv=54
    at rabbit.httpio.HttpHeaderParser.readHeader(HttpHeaderParser.java:176)
    at rabbit.httpio.HttpHeaderParser.lineRead(HttpHeaderParser.java:143)
    at rabbit.httpio.LineReader.readLine(LineReader.java:43)
    at rabbit.httpio.HttpHeaderParser.handleBuffer(HttpHeaderParser.java:60)
    at rabbit.httpio.HttpHeaderReader.parseBuffer(HttpHeaderReader.java:124)
    at rabbit.httpio.HttpHeaderReader.read(HttpHeaderReader.java:112)
    at org.khelekore.rnio.impl.ChannelOpsHandler.handleRead(ChannelOpsHandler.java:105)
    at org.khelekore.rnio.impl.ChannelOpsHandler.handle(ChannelOpsHandler.java:160)
    at org.khelekore.rnio.impl.SingleSelectorRunner.handleSelects(SingleSelectorRunner.java:350)
    at org.khelekore.rnio.impl.SingleSelectorRunner.run(SingleSelectorRunner.java:204)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Let me know if you are able to reproduce it...

--luis

--

Luis Soltero, Ph.D., MCS
Director of Software Development, CTO