[Rabbit-dev] Request-URI Too Long

Robert Olofsson robert.olofsson at khelekore.org
Fri Jan 7 00:27:39 CET 2011

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 21:33:08 +0000
Mindaugas Žakšauskas <mindas at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, I got some results after putting logging statements and
> recompiling Rabbit (btw I'm using v4.7):

Ok, Thanks for that information.

Sadly that information did not give us much useful information.
We can see:
1) That the header starts normally and that looks file
2) That the buffer is actually a big buffer
3) That the data is not very big (see the lim=xxx)
4) It is request headers so it is very likely that it is a cookie that
   is causing this problem.

Can you inspect the cookies in your web browser and see if it is a long
cookie? and also if it contains some odd characters (like ' " \n \r ...)

Ok, I guess the next step is to try to dump the whole buffer content and
see what it actually contains.

Can you add a few more lines after the current debug output:

		byte[] data = new byte[buffer.remaining ()];
		buffer.get (data);
		String s = new String (data, "ISO-8859-1");
		logger.warning("buffer content: " + s);

Note: http headers should be ASCII, but ISO-8859-1 is a bit safer if the
cookie(?) actually contains any odd characters.

/robo