[Rabbit-dev] Hotmail problem with 4.9

Robert Olofsson robert.olofsson at khelekore.org
Tue Mar 15 18:44:55 CET 2011

Hello!

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 23:16:24 -0500
Luis Soltero <lsoltero at globalmarinenet.com> wrote:

> I get the following error when trying to read mail from hotmail using rabbit 4.9
>
> Feb 22, 2011 11:24:29 AM rabbit.proxy.Connection handleFailedRequestRead
> INFO: Exception when reading request
> rabbit.httpio.BadHttpHeaderException: Malformed header:z2t!ESLi2*mPOO5UWAZhXuEOIQ$$;...

Hmmm.
That looks a bit odd.
Could you provide me with (parts of) the log file instead of some
mangled text?

Can you also provide a wire trace (wireshark is a nice packet sniffer).

> The problem does not occur with 4.8
> any ideas what might be causing this... and more importantly... anyone know how to fix it?

I have not seen that problem before and the changelog only gives one part
that could perhaps cause this.

The easy fix is to downgrade to 4.8 until we have found and fixed the
problem.

If you use git you can also try to remove some of the changes.

I currently have no hotmail account so I guess I have to get one in
order to test this.

/robo