[Rabbit-dev] Rabbit-dev Digest, Vol 23, Issue 5

Robert Olofsson robert.olofsson at khelekore.org
Wed Feb 8 16:12:55 CET 2012

On Wed, 8 Feb 2012 09:24:38 -0500
Rick Leir <rick.leir at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> I did some performance testing, mostly so I could get some experience
> with JMeter. I might have found a bug in JMeter. I made some
> assumptions that might invalidate everything. Are the tests useful?

They are probably useful.

> Are they fair to Rabbit4?

Well, rabbit is mostly written to speed up slow links and I do not
think you used any slow links. But please note that rabbit can be used
as a normal web proxy as well, if you turn off the compression, so I
still think the results are valid.

I did see that you got some problems and those problems may be caused
by the bug that I just recently fixed (well, hopefully fixed, still
waiting for some more confirmation). See the thread "bad url request
error":
http://khelekore.org/pipermail/rabbit-dev/2012-February/000294.html

So if you have the time please retest with the latest git version or
wait for the 4.11 release.

Thanks
/robo