[Rabbit-dev] Block all flash?

Robert Olofsson robert.olofsson at khelekore.org
Wed Nov 14 19:40:54 CET 2012

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 16:03:56 +0200
Arkoudeas Dimosthenis <darkoudeas at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all, I am trying to block all flash files using Rabbit proxy.

Oh, why? Is it not easier to use something like flashblocker/adblocker?

> Has anyone managed to do something like this?I tried to add a regex
> rule to rabbit.filter.BlockFilter but that doesn't seem to make any
> difference. And help appriciated, Regards, Dimosthenis

BlockFilter works on url so it is currently not very well suited to
do this kind of blocking. Anyway, if I were to develop this feature
I would write a HttpFilter that checks the content type header and
blocks based on that one. It is pretty trivial to develop such a
filter, do you want me to take a look at it?

I am not sure what content types flash use though, I have had flash
blocking enabled since forever in my browsers, so if you can provide
a few pointers to what content types I should include I would be
happy.

/robo