w3c on HTTP
Current version: 4.11
updated: Feb 16 2012
Running rabbit as a windows service
This information was contributed by David.
The steps to get RabbIT running as a service under Windows Server 2003 are:
RabbIT should now be running on your system!
- Download and install RabbIT
- Download and install the "Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools" from the Microsoft
Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools
- Register a service called RabbIT by running the following command from a DOS window:
"C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\instsrv.exe" RabbIT "C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\srvany.exe"
- Open the registry (usual cautions apply - backup first, etc) and find the entry for the RabbIT service.
Add a new key called "Parameters" and in that, add a string value called Application, with value
java -jar "/Program Files/RabbiT3/jars/rabbit4.jar" -f "/Program Files/rabbit4/conf/rabbit.conf"
- Edit the RabbIT conf file to use absolute paths to all files, log, user, etc etc.
- Open the services manager (via Control Panel, Administrative Tools) - double-click on the RabbIT service, and then click "Start".
If it doesn't work, try debugging by open a command window and running the following command:
java -jar "/Program Files/rabbit4/jars/rabbit4.jar" -f "/Program Files/rabbit4/conf/rabbit.conf"