[Rabbit-dev] Questions about the RabbIT

Samat K Jain lists at samat.org
Wed Nov 11 01:13:52 CET 2009

On Tuesday 10 November 2009 03:35:43 pm, Robert Olofsson wrote:
> Did you have any time to try out the java based image converter?
> With 4.3-pre-5 it even has some type of memory usage protection.
> I have been running with the java based conversion for some time
> and it seems to work ok for my usage, but what do I know.
>
> Anyone else that can see any difference in speed/cpu usage/image
> quality/<other>?

I've been using it for about a week and a half.

I haven't noticed any differences in speed or CPU usage, but it feels like image quality is lower (I haven't quantitatively tested). With 4.3-pre-2 there was also some issue where certain images would recompress with a strong red tint (fixed in recent builds).

--
Samat K Jain <http://samat.org/> | GPG: 0x0x4A456FBA

How's the wife? Is she at home enjoying capitalism?
-- None (136)