[Rabbit-dev] Questions about the RabbIT

Robert Olofsson robert.olofsson at khelekore.org
Tue Oct 20 23:59:21 CEST 2009

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 19:00:34 +0200
Robert Olofsson <robert.olofsson at khelekore.org> wrote:

> If you want to look for alternatives I can suggest the graphicsmagick
> suite (it is a fork from imagemagick, so probably very easy to try out)
> Another alternative that may be useful is ExactImage:
> http://www.exactcode.de/site/open_source/exactimage/

I did a quick try with exactimage and I could not get it to work very well.
It did work on a few images and did not work on quite a big number.

GraphicsMagick works well though, I do not have any high load so I can
not really say if it using less resources, but it is trivial to test with
it, all you have to do is
1) install the graphicsmagick suite
2) change the rabbit.conf:
[rabbit.handler.ImageHandler*jpeg]
convert=/usr/bin/gm
convertargs=convert -quality 10 -flatten $filename +profile "*" jpeg:$filename.c
min_size=2000

[rabbit.handler.ImageHandler*gif]
convert=/usr/bin/gm
convertargs=convert -quality 10 -flatten $filename +profile "*" jpeg:$filename.c
min_size=2000

[rabbit.handler.ImageHandler*png]
convert=/usr/bin/gm
convertargs=convert -quality 10 -flatten $filename +profile "*" jpeg:$filename.c
min_size=2000

Since this is easy to change/change back I would suggest testing it.

/robo