[Rabbit-dev] jsmin, YUI

Rick Leir rickleir at leirtech.com
Mon Mar 1 19:27:53 CET 2010

>> Did you have thoughts on Packer, JSMin, Dojo, and YUI Compressor?

>> It looks like it could be worth exploring.

Hi Robo,
There is a comparison (maybe not very scientific) at:
http://www.askapache.com/tools/online-compression-tool-compares-packer-jsmin-dojo-and-yui-compressor.html

Use of javascript is increasing, and it takes up a 'large proportion'
(hand waving here) of browsing comms. I will look around for stats, and
try some benchmarking.

Another consideration is that we need to trust the YUI or JSMIN not to
corrupt the javascript. Normally these tools are used at design time vs
on the fly, and normally someone would do some testing before releasing
the minified javascript.
Thanks,
Rick