[Rabbit-dev] convert

Robert Olofsson robert.olofsson at khelekore.org
Tue Sep 14 23:41:45 CEST 2010

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:28:21 -0400
Rick Leir <rickleir at leirtech.com> wrote:

> Here is a line in ExternalProcessConverter that looks wrong. This does
> not matter as long as the conf file overrides it. Sorry for being picky.

Ah, thanks for spotting that typo, I will commit an update in a few minutes.

> Also, in the conf file, let's put a sample for the java image quality:
> quality=0.1

The current default config has two following two lines since some time:
# Fallback for java based converter
quality=0.1

> Just an idea, but how about converting jpeg's to pjpeg? That would be
> good for clients with modems, but maybe it is not practical.

Could be worth a try. I have not really thought about it.

> The main reason that am poking into this is because the Java image
> conversion is broken for png's. Here is code in JavaImageConverter that
> appears to be for jpeg only:
>
>      private ImageWriter getImageWriter () throws IOException {
> 	Iterator<ImageWriter> iter =
> 	    ImageIO.getImageWritersByFormatName ("jpeg");

The image converter only _writes_ jpeg images, yes. That does not mean
anything for supported formats when reading images.

So, that does not look like an error or bug to me, that looks like
correct code.

/robo