[Rabbit-dev] Proxy auth error

Robert Olofsson robert.olofsson at khelekore.org
Sat Jan 22 00:44:52 CET 2011

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 23:25:56 +0000
Mindaugas Žakšauskas <mindas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is here anybody using proxy authentication? The authentication
> generally works apart from rare cases when it doesn't :)

Bugs that are hard to reproduce gives less bug reports :-)

> I was trying to go to http://www.espnstar.com and got strange behaviour.
> X.X.X.X  - - 21/Jan/2011:23:17:59 GMT
> "nnect-Enabled%20Plug-In%20%2832-bit%29%20%3BRealJukebox%20NS%20Plugin%3BWindows%20Media%20Player%20Plug-in%20Dynamic%20Link%20Library%3BMicrosoft%AE%20DRM%3B&AQE=1
> HTTP/1.1" 407 380 [0, 3684]

Yes, that definitely looks like the http parser has failed in reading the
request. Is there any pattern to this?

Is it possible to get any kind of wire trace for this? or is
it happening too seldom?

Can you sniff the traffic and see how one or two working header looks?

What it looks like is that the a persistent and pipelined connection
has used too much content and mistakenly read the first part of the
second header, causing the second header to start a bit late.

IF this is the actual bug, then I very much want to fix the problem,
but I may need some help in tracking it down.

That site seems to work well for me, but perhaps that depends on the
network between the client and the proxy or some other part of the
network.

Does that site work if you do *not* use any proxy authentication?

/robo