[Rabbit-dev] Download manager and multiple connections

Mindaugas Žakšauskas mindas at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 22:33:50 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have got a strange problem from one of my users of Rabbit who is
using a download manager.

The user is saying (and he has provided some screen shots to base this
claim) that sometimes when he downloads multiple large files, the
proxy simply does not accept any new connections and behaves as the
whole service is down. At the same time, other (pending) downloads
still progress as usual, just no new connections are being accepted.
After the download finishes, he can start new downloads.

Our monitoring system shows that the service is usable and is working as normal.

My guess that the culprit here could some deep packet inspection [1] /
filtering, installed on the ISP side, however it is rather hard to
prove this as the problem does not occur on a deterministic basis.

So my question is - is it theoretically possible for Rabbit to have
any sort of connection limit/blockage?

Thanks very much in advance.

m.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_packet_inspection