[Rabbit-dev] Prefetch possibility

Bill bsaunder2002 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 19:30:51 CET 2012

My multilink ppp modem setup is like wireshark in that it is sooo slow I can see each dns negotiation in the status bar of firefox as they happen.  :)

My 2G cellular is no better.

With that in mind, I've sold my soul to the satellite devil (the price you have to pay to get internet in america).

Satellite = latency.  1 to 1.5 SECONDS per transaction.

I'm terrified that these busy sites like CNN and Google News will crawl due to latency.

Does Rabbit have a feature to prefetch all site references, assemble the page on the server site, and send me like a "zip bundle" of the page?  Instead of a transaction for each element on the page, send me 1 zip file containing all of the page.

Would this be hard to implement?

This should also help modemers as it would dramaticly cut down on the http overhead.

Ideas?
Bill
bsaunder2002 at yahoo.com