[Rabbit-dev] Prefetch possibility

Robert Olofsson robert.olofsson at khelekore.org
Thu Feb 2 23:49:04 CET 2012

On Thu, 2 Feb 2012 10:30:51 -0800 (PST)
> Does Rabbit have a feature to prefetch all site references, assemble
> the page on the server site, and send me like a "zip bundle" of the
> page?  Instead of a transaction for each element on the page, send me
> 1 zip file containing all of the page.

No, rabbit does not have that.

> Would this be hard to implement?

Yes, it would mean that you have to add a full javasript-browser
module to rabbit to have it understand what the javascript will do
when it run on each page.
It would most probably also mean adding a client side component,
something that rabbit tries to avoid.

There is a standard that inlines images as binary content into
html-pages, but I am unsure of the name. Rabbit could possibly
support that, but it would add latency to the html handling in
rabbit and I am unsure of browser support for it.

/robo