[Rabbit-dev] Prefetch possibility

Mindaugas Žakšauskas mindas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 10:50:49 CET 2012

Hi,

> Does Rabbit have a feature to prefetch all site references, assemble
> the page on the server site, and send me like a "zip bundle" of the
> page?  Instead of a transaction for each element on the page, send me
> 1 zip file containing all of the page.

I think proxy is a wrong tool for such a job. As Robert mentioned, it
focuses on HTTP, not HTML layer.

If you want similar functionality, look for a browser which is capable
of prefetching. Some of the browsers (I know Opera, FF) do the DNS
pre-fetch, and some even do content pre-fetch (Amazon Silk, Google
Chrome [1]).

m.

1. http://chrome.blogspot.com/2012/01/speed-and-security.html