[Rabbit-dev] pipelining

Robert Olofsson robert.olofsson at khelekore.org
Sat Feb 4 18:19:43 CET 2012

On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 08:45:24 -0700
Samat K Jain <samat at samat.org> wrote:

> Lastly a question, do any browsers support communicating to a proxy
> over SSL? I don't think any do… so another dead end.

I have seen such proxies, but I do not remember the names.
I guess that most people that care about that use ssh tunnels nowadays.

> Since we're fielding feature requests for somewhat unrealistic ideas
> for which no one has any code, how about:
>
>   * LZO and LZMA compression. DEFLATE and Gzip are so 1989.

Quite easy to do, but as far as I know most browsers do not support it.
Rabbit is written so that it does not require anything special on the
client side.

>   * Some kind of delta transfer support, perhaps using rsync. This
> one actually has been done before: http://rproxy.samba.org/

Correct, that is an interesting thing.

>   * JPEG2000, ImageZero, WebP, PGF, <your favorite alternative image
> format here> support for re-saving/resampling images

Again something that most browsers do not support.

>   * Rewrite of RabbIT from Java into Ruby or Node.js. Maybe just
> assembly.

Feel free, I am not sure what you would gain by it though.

/robo