[Rabbit-dev] Rabbit-dev Digest, Vol 23, Issue 2

Robert Olofsson robert.olofsson at khelekore.org
Sun Feb 5 00:12:24 CET 2012

On Sat, 4 Feb 2012 17:11:43 -0500
Rick Leir <rick.leir at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> What features were you thinking of for Rabbit5?

Please note that there is no real plan and no work has started yet.

First thing I would like to do is to change how input and output
are handled. Currently we have a connection object that has in and out
for the client and in and out for the upstream server and the way this
is implemented means that full pipelining is hard to do. This will be a
major change and thus quite a rough ride. I think the code would end up
with a few, but simpler forwarders.

I would also like to update the cache so that we can cache both
original and modified content and thus easily can support client
settings for image compression. I am not sure how big this change
actually would be, not sure if it would be a 5.x issue, but I think it
would be.

I would also like to change some of the http header handling so that
we do not have to parse dates or cookies or ranges or ... multiple
times. Currently everything is stored as strings and that is not always
optimal, but makes some things easy.

/robo