[Rabbit-dev] mobile website transcoding proxy

Luis Soltero lsoltero at globalmarinenet.com
Thu Oct 11 03:11:10 CEST 2012

hello all,

as you know mobile websites are considerably smaller than normal sites.

give that we were wondering if rabbit could be configured to present itself to the remote size as a mobile device so
that the corresponding low bandwidth page would be served.  Normally this would be done by the browser but in this
situation we would want users using normal browsers to be automatically switched over the mobile sites.

To do this rabbit would have to intercept the browser id and substitue an appropriate mobile version id... i.e. if
safari is detected then mobile safari is substitued.. etc...

Anyone know if this is possible? If not anyone know what would be involved in implementing this?

Look forward to your comments.

--luis

--

Luis Soltero, Ph.D., MCS