[Rabbit-dev] mobile website transcoding proxy

Robert Olofsson robert.olofsson at khelekore.org
Thu Oct 11 22:39:25 CEST 2012

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 21:11:10 -0400
Luis Soltero <lsoltero at globalmarinenet.com> wrote:

> as you know mobile websites are considerably smaller than normal
> sites.

At least in most cases.
The hard part is to figure out if it is a separate website or
if the server does some magic (many swedish sites have www.xyz.se
for the full site and mobil.xyz.se for the mobile site). Some
sites sniffs the request / user agent or so and let www.xyz.com
figure it out.

> To do this rabbit would have to intercept the browser id and
> substitue an appropriate mobile version id... i.e. if safari is
> detected then mobile safari is substitued.. etc...

You can easily change the request headers in a HttpFilter. There
is no current filter made that do what you want, mostly because I
have not wanted to do it.

I can probably write such a filter in less than one hour if you can
give me a spec on how it should work (that is what headers to change
and how to change them), sniff your network traffic to figure it out.

/robo