[Rabbit-dev] Fw: google and ajax

RICHARD LEIR rick.leir at rogers.com
Mon Jun 16 16:30:33 CEST 2014

Hi all

It has been a while, and I have Rabbit4 set up again.

I google movies, and google shows me the cinemas closest to the proxy, not my current location.  Google must be geolocating the IP. Maybe if I allowed google to track my GPS location...  Maybe there is a way to add a location parm to the URL.

Sites are using div absolute and relative positioning more commonly so the Rabbit4 tag line does not always appear.  Then it is more difficult to get to the unfiltered page when you want to.  There is a way to position the Rabbit4 tagline in a div so the page's content shifts down a bit, but I have not yet figured it out.

Sites are more commonly using Ajax, and I am worried that the Rabbit4 tag might get interpreted incorrectly by the Ajax code.  Is there any way to determine whether the request is from XMLHttpRequest, and leave out the tag?  Maybe Rabbit4 already handles this case.
cheers -- Rick