[Rabbit-dev] Fw: google and ajax

Robert Olofsson robert.olofsson at khelekore.org
Mon Jun 16 22:35:38 CEST 2014

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 07:30:33 -0700
RICHARD LEIR <rick.leir at rogers.com> wrote:

> Maybe if I allowed google to track my GPS location...  Maybe there is
> a way to add a location parm to the URL.

Not that I know of, one thing that is pretty common is the
X-Forwarded-For header, but I am not sure if that works with
google.

> Sites are using div absolute and relative positioning more commonly
> so the Rabbit4 tag line does not always appear.  Then it is more
> difficult to get to the unfiltered page when you want to.  There is a
> way to position the Rabbit4 tagline in a div so the page's content
> shifts down a bit, but I have not yet figured it out.

There is also things like a tiny plugin to firefox that adds a right
click menu option to show the original page. Not sure when I saw that
project last time, but it seemed pretty easy to do.

> Sites are more commonly using Ajax, and I am worried that the Rabbit4
> tag might get interpreted incorrectly by the Ajax code.  Is there any
> way to determine whether the request is from XMLHttpRequest, and
> leave out the tag?

In most cases the mime type of those things will mean that rabbit
does not mangle the data.

/robo